The Luzerne County Fair will sponsor the Official Fair Queen Contest on Saturday, August 17th at 7:00PM in conjunction with the Fair VIP/Volunteer reception. The winner of this Pageant will compete for the State Queen Title, sponsored by the Pennsylvania State Association of County Fairs. The State Queen Pageant will take place at the State Fair Association Convention, held in January, 2020, in Hershey, PA.
EACH FAIR QUEEN CONTESTANT MUST:
1. Be a female who is a U.S. citizen and a resident of PA.
2. Be at least age 16, but no older than 20 years of age as of June 1st of the year entering local contest.
3. Be willing to be the certified representative of the local fair where she is crowned.
4. Have not been a former local Fair Queen winner, nor a former State Fair Queen contestant.
5. Not hold any other title for any other commodity group or pageant.
6. Have her parent(s) or guardian(s) consent to enter the PA State competition.
7. Be single, have never been married, have not been pregnant nor given birth to a child.
8. Act in accordance with the PA State Fair Queen “Behavior Policy”. This will be furnished to contestants.
9. Be able to meet all time commitments, Queen obligations and Dress Code as set forth by the PA State Fair Queen Program.
IN ADDITION EACH CONTESTANT WILL:
A. Submit a signed agreement form and application, along with a written essay entitled, “What My Fair Means to My Community” (300 words or less).
B. Submit one (1) color photograph (portrait type) along with proof of age (copy of a valid driver’s license or birth certificate) and mailed along with the application.
C. Present a three to five minute persuasive speech on the topic, “Why You Should Come to My Fair”. Props that enhance the speech are allowed. Overhead projectors and Power Point presentations are not permitted. This is judged on content (to include agriculture). Each contestant will be interviewed and asked questions regarding the Fair. Each contestant will have a private interview with the judges prior to the contest at a time and location to be named.
D. Agree to participate in the 2019 Luzerne County Fair, September 4th through the 8th, participate in the January 2020 State Fair Queen event, as well as participate in promotional activities throughout the year. The first runner-up succeeds the winner should she, for whatever reason, not fulfill her obligations.
Contestants will be judged on Poise, Appearance (must be attired in a dress), Neatness, and Ability to Communicate, (in written essay, speech given during the contest and private interview with the judges).
For an application or information call: 570-675-2952, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or
Mail to: Queen Contest, PO Box 393, Dallas, PA 18612
DEADLINE TO ENTER THIS CONTEST IS AUGUST 3, 2019
The Queen will receive a $1,000 Cash Prize in memory of our 2003 Fair Queen.
The First runner-up will receive $250.00 Cash Prize.
Prizes will be awarded after all obligations have been met.